Blue hooterade drink recipe is a refreshing summertime drink that is sweet and tastes like blueberry iced tea. With only three ingredients, this zesty beverage recipe offers a healthy alternative to soda and sugary beverages.
This easy-to-make drink is the perfect accompaniment to a barbecue or pool party! Plus, it’s topped with two important nutritional facts sure to make it your new go-to drink. One 12-ounce serving has zero calories and zero grams of sugar.
- 1 cup blue raspberry-flavored sports drink (e.g., Gatorade or Powerade)
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda (e.g., Sprite or 7-Up)
- 1/4 cup vodka (optional, for an alcoholic version)
- Ice cubes
- Blue food coloring (optional, for a deeper blue color)
- Blueberries or lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Fill a glass with ice cubes. The amount of ice depends on how cold you prefer your drink.
- Pour the blue raspberry-flavored sports drink into the glass. If you want a deeper blue color, you can add a few drops of blue food coloring.
- Add the lemon-lime soda to the glass. The soda will provide a nice fizz and a hint of citrus flavor.
- If you’re making an alcoholic version, add the vodka to the glass. Adjust the amount based on your preference for alcohol content.
- Use a stirring stick or a spoon to gently mix the ingredients together.
- If desired, garnish the drink with a few blueberries or a slice of lemon. This adds a visual appeal to your Blue Hooterade.
- Serve the drink immediately and enjoy!
Remember that you can adjust the quantities of each ingredient to suit your taste preferences. If you want it sweeter, you can add more sports drinks.
If you prefer a stronger citrus flavor, add a bit more lemon-lime soda. And of course, if you’re making a non-alcoholic version, simply omit the vodka.