However, I can offer you a general Mai Tai recipe that you might find helpful. Keep in mind that Bob Chinn’s Mai Tai recipe might have its own unique twists, but here’s a standard recipe you can try:
Ingredients Classic Mai Tai Recipe:
- 2 oz light rum
- 1 oz dark rum
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz orange curaçao or triple sec
- 1/4 oz simple syrup (or more to taste)
- Crushed ice
- Mint sprig and a lime wheel for garnish
Instructions Classic Mai Tai Recipe:
- Fill a shaker with ice cubes.
- Add the light rum, lime juice, orange curaçao, and simple syrup to the shaker.
- Shake well until chilled.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Float the dark rum on top by pouring it gently over the back of a spoon.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a lime wheel.
- Give it a gentle stir before enjoying it.
Remember that different variations of the Mai Tai exist, and Bob Chinn’s version might have specific ingredients or steps that make it unique.
If you’re looking for his exact recipe, I would recommend checking official sources, books, or websites associated with him.