Boyoz bread recipe is a recipe for organic bread that can be made at home. This is a simple bread recipe that I got from a friend. It is supposed to be one of the healthiest recipes out there, and it’s gluten-free so it can be eaten by people with celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
If you have neither of those, don’t worry, you can eat this also. I get why this is supposed to be healthy (it’s organic, with no additives) but I can’t say that it tastes any better than regular white bread to me.
It’s healthier though, so if you’re trying to avoid all possible junk in your food then maybe try this recipe out. This recipe is for a big loaf (1 kilo). I think it will make two small loaves if you double the ingredients.
How to make Boyoz bread recipe?
- Preparation Time- 5 mins
- Cooking Time- 1 hour
- Total time- 1 hour 5 minutes
- Serving Size- 10
- Difficulty- Easy
Ingredients for Boyoz bread recipe
- 1-kilo all-purpose flour (or 1 cup, )
- 1 1/2 cups water (for a big loaf)
- 2 teaspoons natural yeast or instant rise yeast (for a big loaf)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Oil for greasing tools, as well as the oven rack when baking. I used olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions for Boyoz bread recipe
Step 1: Mix the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Mix until there are no lumps and wait 5 minutes or until the mixture looks foamy.
Step 2: While you’re waiting for your yeast to rise, mix your salt and dried herbs with the flour.
Step 3: Add the foamy yeast to your flour. Add oil to a large bowl.
Step 4: Start adding flour to water (about 1/2 cup at a time). Mix everything until you have a ball that is not too sticky. You might need to add more water or flour depending on the humidity (I found I needed more water to get a smooth dough).
Step 5: Spray some oil into a bowl and put your ball of dough in it. Cover it with cling wrap and allow it to rise for 1 hour at room temperature. Depending on your location, you might need less time for the dough to rise.
Step 6: Once your dough has risen, take it out of the bowl and divide it into two equal portions. I used a scale to do this. I cut off parts of the dough to adjust for differences in weights until I got two halves.
Step 7: Grease your oven rack with oil and spread out a portion of your dough onto it. Make sure you don’t make the bread too thin or else it will not cook evenly in the middle.
Step 8: Cover your bread with a damp cloth and place it in a warm place to rise again. Allow it to rise for another 15 minutes until it doubles in size again.
Step 9: Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius. When the dough rises, put baking soda on top of the bread and spread it out evenly across the surface.
Step 10: Put your bread in the oven and let it bake for 30-40 minutes.
Step 11: Take out the bread from the oven and brush it with melted butter. Wait a little while to allow the butter to melt into the bread before eating. It tastes less sweet if you do that.
|Calories From Fat||133|
10 Amazing Serving Ideas for Boyoz bread recipe
- Bread for breakfast
- French toast for breakfast
- Toasted bread with jam or honey for breakfast.
- Spread cheese on the toasted bread and toast again for breakfast.
- Serve hot with soup for lunch.
- Toasted bread with sliced ham and cheese for dinner.
- Toast it with butter and serve it with jam or honey for dessert.
- Take a piece of Boyoz bread, spread some jam or honey, create a sandwich with it, and have a snack later during the day or when you feel hungry during the nighttime.
- Toasted bread with cheese for breakfast (cheese is good for heart health) and breakfast sandwich.
- Serve Boyoz bread with cheese on it for a snack during the day or when you’re hungry during the nighttime.
I think this bread is a healthier alternative to white bread if you can’t or don’t want to eat white bread. I don’t think it’s any better than white bread, but it is better for you, so if you’re trying to avoid all possible junk in your food then maybe try this out.