The butcher and bee-whipped feta recipe is a dairy item made from sheep’s milk, salt, and lemon. It is a type of cheese that can be eaten on its own, in salads, or as a condiment. We provide the best easy recipe for this yummy feta cheese whipped with honey and olive oil for an exquisite flavor.
Whipped Feta Recipe:
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs (such as parsley, dill, or chives) for garnish
- In a food processor, combine the crumbled feta, cream cheese, olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy. If needed, you can add a little more olive oil to achieve your desired consistency.
- Taste and season with salt and black pepper according to your preference.
- Once the whipped feta is well mixed and seasoned, transfer it to a serving bowl.
Whipped Feta Crostini with Roasted Vegetables:
- Sliced baguette or bread of your choice
- Whipped feta (prepared using the recipe above)
- Assorted roasted vegetables (such as cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Toss the assorted vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast them in the preheated oven until they are tender and slightly caramelized, about 20-25 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, toast the sliced baguette or bread until they are crispy and golden.
- Once the roasted vegetables are ready, let them cool slightly.
- To assemble, spread a generous amount of the whipped feta onto each toasted bread slice.
- Top the whipped feta with a variety of roasted vegetables.
- Garnish each crostini with fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Arrange the crostini on a serving platter and enjoy as an appetizer or light snack.
This serving idea combines the creamy and tangy whipped feta with the sweetness of roasted vegetables, aromatic basil, and a touch of balsamic glaze for added depth of flavor. It’s a delightful and visually appealing appetizer that’s perfect for gatherings or as a treat for yourself.