Cabot mac and cheese recipe is a traditional dish that is served in many different variations all around the world. It is a popular dish because of its high protein content, as well as being gluten-free and lower in fat than some other macaroni and cheese recipes.
This recipe uses butternut squash to add both additional flavor and nutritional value, which is an example of how food can be healthy while still retaining a lot of taste. This mac and cheese recipe can also be served with some of your favorite vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, and tomatoes.
How to make a Cabot mac and cheese recipe?
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Serving Size: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for Cabot mac and cheese recipe
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta, cooked and drained (penne works best)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 cup cooked macaroni.
- Pinch of paprika for garnish.
- 1/2 cup water
Directions for Cabot mac and cheese recipe
Step 1: In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream to a boil.
Step 2: When the cream is boiling, add in the onions, squash, and one cup of butternut squash and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Step 3: Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4: Reduce the heat to low and add the butternut squash mixture to the heavy cream sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
Step 5: Sauté butter or margarine in a large pan over medium heat. Add in cooked macaroni and the remaining raw butternut squash. Gently stir until butternut squash is soft and macaroni is heated throughout.
Step 6: Add butternut squash mixture to the macaroni and mix until fully combined.
Step 7: Add cheddar cheese and mix until fully melted.
Step 8: Pour the mixture into the pot with macaroni, cover with a lid, and let sit for about 5 minutes or until fully warm.
Step 9: Serve the mixture in a bowl and add a pinch of paprika for garnish.
Nutritional value of Cabot mac and cheese recipe
|Saturated fatty acids||13.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fatty acids||10.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated fatty acids||2.|
10 Amazing Serving Ideas of Cabot mac and cheese recipe
- This recipe can be served as a side dish with almost any main course.
- It is great for family get-togethers, parties, picnics, and other events.
- It is also made during the holidays because of its versatility in different recipes.
- This dish can also be served as a snack or even a light meal for lunch or dinner.
- It can also be served with your favorite vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, and tomatoes.
- It’s low in fat, high in protein, and gluten-free with little oil and no saturated fat.
- This dish can be made without much of a mess or stress because of the ease of preparation and overall simplicity.
- It still has a lot of flavor despite being made out of health-conscious ingredients to keep it from being unhealthy or tasteless.
- This recipe has a high nutritional value because it is low in fat and contains vitamins, minerals, and proteins to keep you healthy.
- It is also a very filling dish because of its high protein content making it easy to get full quickly after eating.
This recipe has a lot of amazing qualities that make it a dish anyone can enjoy; which is why this recipe has so much popularity and is still being made all around the world today.
This recipe is a very healthy alternative to the traditional macaroni and cheese dish, but also has a lot of flavors to keep it as tasty as possible. This recipe can be served as an appetizer or snack, but still maintains its versatility to be used in different meals.