When it comes to seafood, there’s one condiment that stands out for its tangy and creamy flavor—tartar sauce. And if you’re a fan of Captain D’s and their irresistible seafood dishes, you’ll be thrilled to learn how to recreate their signature tartar sauce right in the comfort of your own kitchen.
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with the delightful Captain D’s Tartar Sauce recipe, accompanied by essential nutrition facts to help you make informed choices about your meal.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mayonnaise, dill pickles, onion, capers, and fresh lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and continue stirring.
- For an extra burst of flavor, add fresh dill, if desired, and mix well.
- Transfer the tartar sauce to a jar or airtight container.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Here’s an approximate breakdown of the nutritional composition of Captain D’s Tartar Sauce (per serving, based on a yield of approximately 12 servings):
- Calories: 100
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 0.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 0.2g
Note: The nutritional values may vary slightly based on the specific brands of ingredients used and the portion sizes consumed.
While Captain D’s Tartar Sauce is undeniably delicious, it’s important to consume it in moderation due to its high fat and calorie content. The sauce can be a tasty addition to your seafood dishes, but it’s advisable to enjoy it alongside a balanced and nutritious meal.
If you’re looking to reduce the calorie and fat content, you can opt for low-fat or light mayonnaise and adjust the portion size accordingly. Additionally, consider pairing the tartar sauce with grilled or baked seafood rather than fried options to maintain a healthier overall meal.
With this delightful Captain D’s Tartar Sauce recipe, you can recreate the tangy and creamy condiment that perfectly complements your seafood dishes. Remember to enjoy it in moderation and make mindful choices to maintain a balanced diet.
Whether you’re hosting a seafood feast or simply craving some tasty tartar sauce, this homemade version will undoubtedly elevate your dining experience.