Captain d’s tartar sauce recipe is better than any other tartar sauce recipe in the world. It tastes like happiness and the spice is just right. Even with tomatoes, it tastes amazing and you can tell that there are no additives or preservatives. The recipe for captain d’s tartar sauce is a very simple one. I recommend that you try it. This meal will have your taste buds dancing in happiness.
Captain d’s tartar sauce recipe is a recipe for tartar sauce made with mayonnaise, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. It is a well-known recipe for a tartar sauce that comes in a jar and is common at restaurant chains like captain d’s. This is how to make the tartar sauce at home.
How to make captain d’s tartar sauce recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Making Time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for captain d’s tartar sauce recipe
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 tbsp salt
- To taste black pepper. (optional if you like it spicy)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
Directions for captain d’s tartar sauce recipe
Step 1: Mix dijon mustard with 1/4 cup white wine vinegar in a food processor.
Step 2: Add salt, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, and egg yolks. Process until smooth and lump-free.
Step 3: Add black pepper, onions, tomatoes, and olives. Process for about 10 seconds or until well combined. . Serve & Enjoy.
Note: You can mix all the ingredients in a bowl first instead of using the food processor. The second way is just a quicker alternative. You can have the sauce chilled or at room temperature. The chilled sauce will be thicker and stiffer.
Best 8 Tips To keep the flavor fresh for longer.
- You can add 1/4 tsp of salt to the jar before pouring in the sauce.
- You can cover the jar or cover it with plastic wrap after pouring in the sauce.
- You can mix all the ingredients in a bowl first instead of using the food processor.
- The sauce will last up to 3 weeks.
- You can store the sauce in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- You must use a clean spoon every time you scoop out the sauce from the jar.
- If you are not going to use all of it, you can freeze it for future use.
- It is better to store the extra sauce in a jar rather than a plastic container (e.g small zip lock bag). The taste lasts longer in a glass jar than in a plastic container.
Nutrition Facts of captain d’s tartar sauce recipe
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 30 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5 g
- Sugar: 1.3 g
9 Amazing Serving Ideas for captain d’s tartar sauce recipe
- Add with fried fish.
- Use as a dip for shrimp.
- Use as a dip for french fries.
- Use as a spread on sandwiches and burgers.
- Use on top of shrimp tempura.
- Use as a topping for soup instead of cream.
- Use as a marinade for chicken, pork, or beef.
- Use as a dip for crab cakes.
- Add to baked potato wedges.
The recipe of the tartar sauce at captain d’s is a very simple one and it tastes amazing. Even with tomatoes, it tastes amazing and you can tell that there are no additives or preservatives. I highly recommend trying this out the first time so you will never want tartar sauce to be any other way.