Cheez-it recipes casserole is not just a simple dish, it’s a dish that is much too good to spoil. If you are a cheez-it lover and want to try this amazing snack, you need to make this amazing dish with some past cheez-its. Cheez-it recipes casserole is a delightful, easy recipe that will be your go-to for making a yummy snack that is quick and on the table in no time.
All you will need are some cheeses, cream cheese, bell peppers, onion garlic salt, and any spices that you would like to use. this dish is not only amazing but also a more convenient way to make a delicious snack that comes with a lot of ingredients and they all go in the food processor.
How to make cheez-it recipes for casserole?
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- Serving Size: 4
- Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients for cheez-it recipes casserole
- 1 can of Cheez-It crackers
- 2 cups of cream cheese
- 4 medium-sized bell peppers
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced or crushed
- A pinch of salt or to taste.
- Any spices of your choice.
- ½ cup green onion
Instructions for making cheez-it recipes casserole
Step 1: Cut the bell pepper in half, remove the seed then chop it into cubes. Place them in a food processor. Add onions and garlic and blend until everything is smooth.
Step 2: Put cream cheese, salt, and any spices of your choice into the food processor; blend until you get a smooth paste that is not too thick or thin but thick enough to swallow easily.
Step 3: Take the cheez-it crackers and add them to a large bowl, crush them until they turn into fine crumbs. Add the cheese batter to the crumbs and make sure that everything is mixed well. You can either take a spoon or you can do it with your hands.
Step 4: Take a skillet; drizzle some oil in it then set the stove on medium heat. Once hot, spread some of the mixtures inside of it evenly, about ¼ inch thick. Cook it until golden brown. Then, take it out and place it on a paper towel to remove the excess oil. Discard the skillet then spread more of the cheese mixture in the skillet; make sure that it is about ¼ inch thick.
Step 5: Repeat step 4 until you have enough cheese mixture for all of your crackers.
Step 6: Place a small layer of cheese on top of each cracker, making sure that they are touching at all four corners as well as at their ends and ends. Place the casserole dish in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Step 7: Take it out of the oven and add some cheese on top of the casseroles, spread it all over with a spatula or spoon, then place some green onions.
Step 8: Bake for another 5 – 10 minutes until everything is melted and gooey.
Step 9: Serve with extra shredded cheese if desired!
Best 6 Notes for making cheez-it recipes casserole
- If you do not have a food processor, you can do everything by hand but it will be much more time-consuming and tedious.
- Make sure that the skillet or baking dish is at least an inch or 2 in size than your actual crackers; this way, you can easily spread the mixture evenly and make sure that your finished product will be very flat.
- Do not forget to season your crackers with salt and any other spices before crushing them.
- This dish is best served warm or at room temperature. If it is left out for too long, the cheese will become hard and gooey.
- Do not overdo it by adding more than 1/2 cup of onion and garlic to the mixture as this will make the taste of your dish a little too strong.
- You can also use salsa or even tomato sauce if you are not in the mood to use cream cheese; this will make your casserole a little less cheesy.
Nutrition Facts of Cheez-it recipes casserole
- Calories: 533
- Fat: 35 grams
- Cholesterol: 46 mg
- Sodium: 996 mg
- Potassium: 268 mg
- Carbs: 31 grams
- Protein: 12 grams
Cheez-it recipes casserole is a simple but very delicious snack that can be served with sandwiches, burgers, or just even by itself. It is a quick and easy snack that you can make in less than 30 minutes. If you have leftover cheez-its, this simple recipe will help you use them up.