If you’re on the hunt for a comforting and flavorful dish that marries the richness of chicken with subtle coconut milk, look no further than Chicken Sodhi. This traditional dish hails from the beautiful land of Malaysia and holds a special place in the hearts of many.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through a delectable Chicken Sodhi recipe, accompanied by valuable insights into its nutritional profile.
- 500g boneless chicken, cubed
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 green chilies, sliced
- 1-inch ginger, grated
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for cooking
- In a large pot, heat a tablespoon of oil. Add the sliced onions, grated ginger, minced garlic, sliced green chilies, cinnamon stick, cloves, and bruised lemongrass. Sauté until the onions are soft and aromatic.
- Add the boneless chicken cubes to the pot and sauté until they’re lightly browned on all sides.
- Pour in the thin coconut milk and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Let the chicken cook in the coconut milk until it’s tender and fully cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the thick coconut milk to the pot. Stir well to combine and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer again.
- Toss in the curry leaves and season the dish with salt according to your taste preferences.
- Allow the Chicken Sodhi to simmer for a few more minutes, allowing all the flavors to meld together beautifully.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Your Chicken Sodhi is now ready to be served!
While Chicken Sodhi is undeniably a delight for your taste buds, it’s also important to understand its nutritional composition. Here’s a general breakdown of the nutritional components of Chicken Sodhi (per serving):
- Calories: Approximately 350-400 calories per serving
- Protein: About 20-25g of protein, making it a good source of this essential macronutrient.
- Carbohydrates: Around 10-15g of carbohydrates per serving.
- Fat: The rich coconut milk contributes to the dish’s creaminess, providing approximately 25-30g of fat per serving.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Chicken Sodhi contains notable amounts of vitamins such as B vitamins and minerals like phosphorus and selenium from the chicken and other ingredients.
Chicken Sodhi is a splendid fusion of flavors, with tender chicken and the comforting embrace of coconut milk. As you savor each spoonful of this delightful dish, you’re not only indulging in its taste but also benefiting from the nourishing elements it offers.
Enjoy this culinary journey into the heart of Malaysian cuisine, and don’t hesitate to whip up this Chicken Sodhi recipe for a truly satisfying meal.