The Clover eggnog recipe is a traditional holiday drink. It is a light and creamy drink that is not too sweet. This recipe makes a gallon of eggnog, enough for at least 10 servings. It is a simple recipe. It involves only a few ingredients and a few minutes of preparation.
Eggnog is a classic holiday drink that has been around for many years. It is typically served as part of the holiday season. The Clover eggnog recipe is easy to make and can be made at home or made by the local grocery store. It is a light, creamy drink that is not too sweet and goes well with desserts, especially around the holidays.
How to make a Clover eggnog recipe?
- Preparation Time: about 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: about 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Serving Size: 10
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for Clover eggnog recipe
- 1 quart of whole milk
- 4 cups of sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 pint (1/2 quart) heavy cream (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions for Clover eggnog recipe
Step :1 Pour the whole milk, sugar, and vanilla into a large saucepan and cook on high heat. Stir while cooking.
Step:2 Beat the egg yolks and add them to the mixture as it is cooking. Continue cooking until the eggnog has become thickened. This should take about 10 minutes after adding the yolks but will vary according to the stovetop and pan used.
Step :3 Add the salt and ground cloves.
Step:4 Pour the eggnog through a strainer into a large bowl. Stir until it is aerated and no clumps remain.
Step:5 Chill before serving or store in the refrigerator for later use. The eggnog can be kept in the refrigerator for several days as long as it is well-chilled before serving.
Note: The recipe calls for a large saucepan. If a small saucepan is used, the beverage may separate while cooking.
Nutrition Facts Clover eggnog recipe
- Protein-1 g
- Carbs-24 g
- Fat-1.5 g
- Total Sugars-24 g (mainly in the long chain sugars)
- Cholesterol-0 mg
- Sodium -8 mg (net carbs)
- Vitamin C- 0 % (source)
10 Amazing Serving Ideas for Clover eggnog recipe
- Make a holiday breakfast with eggs, asparagus, and Clover eggnog.
- Serve with local fresh fruit and ice cream.
- Add plain yogurt sundaes with crushed pineapple and a dollop of whipped cream or your favorite topping.
- Try it in a Christmas party punch bowl or raise a glass in your favorite restaurant to many healthy compliments!
- Mix jack-o-lantern carving ideas in a safe container for the kids to enjoy.
- Blaze a trail by making glitter/colored eggnog with food coloring and sparkling water for an extra special holiday cocktail.
- Mix with coffee to make a coffee frosty or iced latte at your favorite local coffee house.
- Serve year round during the holidays in place of the usual “go-to” eggnog, after all, it is the Clover eggnog recipe!
- Try it for breakfast with gingerbread waffles or pancakes.
- Use up your imagination and enjoy whatever you can dream up, from Eggnog Chai Tea to a Pina Colada.
Is It Healthy for all?
The Clover eggnog recipe is a healthy drink when made with whole milk and without added high fructose corn syrup. The Clover eggnog recipe is a tasty drink, with only 100 calories per 12-ounce serving. The Clover eggnog recipe is an excellent source of Vitamin C and Folate, which are essential to maintaining good health.
The Clover eggnog recipe is a more traditional version of eggnog, which uses sugar and whole milk as the bases. It is a thick, creamy drink that goes well with desserts at holiday parties or family meals. It can be served hot or cold and can be made several days ahead of time for easy holiday serving.