Are you in the mood for a delightful treat that combines the exotic flavor of coconut with a satisfying crunch? Look no further! In this blog post, we’re sharing a fantastic Coconut Croustillant recipe that will surely become your new favorite snack or dessert.
Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it also packs a nutritional punch. Let’s dive into the recipe and explore the delightful world of Coconut Croustillant.
- 2 cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, or macadamia nuts)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded coconut, rolled oats, and chopped nuts (if using).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer, pressing it down gently to form a compact sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture turns golden brown and crispy. Keep an eye on it to prevent burning.
- Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Once cooled, break the croustillant into bite-sized pieces and enjoy the crispy, coconutty goodness!
Here’s a breakdown of the approximate nutritional content per serving (the recipe makes about 12 servings):
- Calories: Around 180 kcal
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin E: 4% DV
- Iron: 4% DV
Why You’ll Love Coconut Croustillant:
- Rich in Healthy Fats: Coconut oil and shredded coconut provides healthy fats that support brain health and satiety.
- Fiber Boost: Rolled oats add dietary fiber, aiding digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Natural Sweetness: The touch of honey or maple syrup adds sweetness without overwhelming your taste buds.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Coconut contains essential nutrients like iron and vitamin E, contributing to overall well-being.
- Gluten-Free Delight: This recipe is naturally gluten-free, making it suitable for those with dietary restrictions.
Whether you’re enjoying Coconut Croustillant as an on-the-go snack, a crunchy topping for yogurt, or a dessert option, its delightful flavor and nutritional benefits make it a win-win. So, gather your ingredients and give this recipe a try – your taste buds and body will thank you!