Ecuadorian cuisine is a treasure trove of flavors, offering dishes that are rich in tradition and taste. One such dish that stands out is the Ecuadorian Ground Beef recipe.
Bursting with savory flavors and simple yet effective ingredients, this dish not only satisfies your taste buds but also provides a balanced nutritional profile.
In this blog post, we’ll dive into the delightful world of Ecuadorian cuisine by exploring this ground beef recipe along with its nutritional facts.
For this Ecuadorian Ground Beef recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of beef broth
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute until fragrant.
- Incorporate the lean ground beef into the skillet and cook until it’s browned and cooked through.
- Sprinkle in the ground cumin, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well to coat the beef with the spices.
- Toss in the diced red bell pepper and chopped tomatoes. Allow them to cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Pour in the beef broth to enhance the flavors and create a slightly saucy consistency. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, allowing all the flavors to meld together.
- Once the mixture is cooked to perfection, adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves to add a burst of freshness to the dish.
Here’s a breakdown of the nutritional components in a serving of this delicious Ecuadorian Ground Beef:
- Calories: Approximately 250 kcal
- Protein: Around 20g
- Carbohydrates: Roughly 10g
- Fat: About 15g
- Fiber: Approximately 2g
- Vitamins and Minerals: This dish is a good source of vitamin C from the red bell pepper, offering immune-boosting benefits. It also contains essential minerals like iron and potassium.
The Ecuadorian Ground Beef recipe presents a delightful fusion of flavors that showcases the heart of Ecuadorian cuisine.
With its lean protein content and a balanced array of nutrients, this dish is not only a treat for your taste buds but also a nourishing addition to your diet. Give this recipe a try and experience the rich culinary heritage of Ecuador right in your own kitchen.