Fatina recipe is a nice dish to make for many occasions. This article will learn how it is made and offer some suggested recipe variations. Fatina recipe is a variation of a classic Brazilian dish called “Gordinha de ovo.”
The word comes from the Portuguese word “Gorda,” meaning fat, but in this case, “Gorda” means egg whites. It involves folding egg whites into a batter made with sugar and flour poured into an oiled frying pan.
How to make Fatina recipe?
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- Total time: 60 Minutes
- Serving Size: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for Fatina recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 cup White sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
Directions for Fatina recipe
Step 1: Melt vegetable oil in a medium frying pan and make pancakes of the batter. Place them on a plate.
Step 2: In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, and add baking powder. Beat until nice and fluffy.
Step 3: Mix all-purpose flour and white sugar in another bowl. Add oil, vanilla extract, and melted butter to the beaten egg whites in step 2. Combine well.
Step 4: Add half of the flour and sugar mixture to the egg white mixture in step 3. Fold gently.
Step 5: Add the remaining half of the flour and sugar mixture to the egg white mixture in step 3. Fold gently and add some cinnamon powder as well. Pour this batter into a frying pan prepared with vegetable oil. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Step 6: Serve it with stewed fruits.
The recipe for Fatina will be better if the batter is prepared in a medium-sized bowl, just like egg whites. Instead of eggs, you can use any other kind of beaten ingredient such as cream, yogurt, etc. Instead of sugar, you can also use brown sugar or confectioners’ sugar. And lastly, instead of vegetable oil, you can use butter or vegetable oil.
Nutrition Facts of Fatina recipe
|Carbs||34 g (9%)|
|Protein||23 g (8%)|
|Fats||16 g (5%)|
10 Amazing Serving Ideas for Fatina recipe
- This recipes can be served as a delicious main course dish.
- It can also be served as a dessert dish with different types of stewed fruits or jam.
- Fatina is also suggested to be served with beverages and desserts such as coffee, tea, juice, other soft drinks, etc.
- Fatina recipes can also be an ingredient in making different types of pancakes. It can be made on a pancake griddle, or you can use an oiled frying pan.
- You can also serve Fatina with plain rice and other side dishes such as beans and different kinds of stewed fruits and vegetable dishes.
- If you do not have any stewed fruits, then you should try the recipe with beef or pork chops, which also goes well with the Fatina recipe.
- You can also try the yellow version of the Fatina recipe by adding the yellow color with some eggs and green and red colors.
- You can even have different kinds of pancakes with the Fatina recipe, which has a lot of variations. Some examples are Poha, idli, and roti.
- You can also add other spices to your Fatina recipes, like ginger, cinnamon powder, and cardamom powder.
- Fatina recipes can be topped with fruits such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries, etc.
Fatina recipe will be completed successfully if you follow the ways of making it and the required ingredients. In addition to cooking this dish, you can also create different variations in terms of serving, offering it different types of beverages and adding some spices to make a tastier dish.