Ina Garten, the “Barefoot Contessa,” has charmed food enthusiasts with her approachable yet sophisticated recipes that exude comfort and elegance. One such creation, her Mini Italian Frittatas, embodies the essence of simplicity and flavor.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the art of crafting these delightful frittatas, allowing you to bring a touch of Italian flair to your breakfast or brunch table.
Here is Ina Garten’s recipe for Mini Italian Frittatas, along with their approximate nutrition information:
Ingredients of Mini Italian Frittatas Recipe
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (about 4 scallions)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (1/2 pepper)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Directions for Mini Italian Frittatas Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the scallions, and red pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in the basil and parsley and remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Distribute the sautéed vegetables evenly among 4 (6- to 8-ounce) ramekins. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, filling the ramekins to the top.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the frittatas are set in the middle.
Nutrition information per serving (recipe makes 4 servings):
Please note that the nutrition information is approximate and may vary based on the specific ingredients and quantities used.