Japan’s culinary world is a treasure trove of flavors and textures, with each dish offering a unique experience. Among the many delectable creations, the Japanese Oyster Shooter stands out as a delightful and flavorful delicacy that tantalizes the taste buds.
This exquisite dish combines the briny essence of fresh oysters with the zest of citrus and the umami-rich depth of Japanese seasonings. In this blog post, we’ll dive into the world of Japanese cuisine and explore the art of crafting the perfect Japanese Oyster Shooter.
Ingredients of Japanese oyster shooter recipe
- 1 fresh oyster
- 1/2 oz. vodka
- 1/2 oz. ponzu sauce (a citrus-based sauce commonly used in Japanese cuisine)
- 1/4 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp. wasabi paste
- 1 slice of cucumber
- Ice cubes
Instructions for Japanese oyster shooter recipe
- Place the vodka, ponzu sauce, grated ginger, and wasabi paste in a cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes. Shake well until mixed.
- Place the oyster in a shot glass.
- Pour the vodka mixture over the oyster.
- Garnish with a slice of a cucumber and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Note: These nutrition facts are estimates and may vary depending on the ingredients used.