Joi Choi, also known as Choy Sum or Chinese flowering cabbage, is a versatile and nutrient-rich vegetable that has been a staple in Asian cuisine for generations. With its mild and slightly sweet flavor, tender stems, and vibrant green leaves, Joi Choi is a delight to cook with.
In this blog post, we’ll delve into the world of Joi Choi and share some mouthwatering recipes that showcase its versatility and unique taste.
Ingredients joi choi recipe
- 1 pound Joi Choi (Bok Choy), washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions joi choi recipe
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chopped Joi Choi and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the leaves are wilted, and the stems are tender-crisp.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil and toss to coat the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot as a side dish or over rice as a main course.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Joi Choi is a low-calorie vegetable that is high in nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, and potassium. This recipe is also low in carbohydrates and provides good fiber, making it a healthy and satisfying choice for a side dish or light meal.