ka’chava pancake recipe is a traditional recipe from Central America. It is a simple breakfast dish that can be made with ingredients from a typical kitchen pantry. We have created this list of the best ka’chava pancake recipe websites that you can use to learn how to make them.
Remember, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! You can also check out our article on what’s better for you – pancakes or waffles.
How to make a ka’chava pancake recipe?
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Serving Size: 6
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for the ka’chava pancake recipe
- 1 cup ka’chava flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar, or to taste
- 1 tbsp oil (optional)
- 2 eggs.
Directions for the ka’chava pancake recipe
Step 1: In a medium-sized bowl, add ka’chava flour, baking powder, and sugar. Then make a well in the center, pour in the water, oil, and eggs, and mix until all ingredients are combined. You may want to use a dough whisk to help you mix all the ingredients smoothly.
Step 2: Transfer the batter to a frying pan on medium-low heat. Stir with a plastic spatula every few minutes, so you do not burn yourself while cooking it. After 5 to 8 minutes, it is ready to be flipped.
Step 3: Fold one side of the ka’chava pancake recipe over until it touches the other side and flips it over. Cook for 2 minutes and then repeat the same with the other side until all sides are cooked.
Step 4: Serve hot with fresh fruit, maple syrup, or honey.
10 Amazing Serving Ideas for the ka’chava pancake recipe
- Add grated coconut or banana to the batter and serve with a fruit salad
- Please choose your favorite fruits and add them to the batter
- You can also serve ka’chava pancakes with fresh cream, maple syrup, chocolate syrup, or honey
- Ka’chava pancakes are also great when served warm with brown sugar sauce. Mix brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. If you are not a butter fan, you can use cooking spray instead.
- Substitute the ka’chava flour with chocolate or banana-flavored cake mix for an added flavor to the dish.
- Add one teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter for a taste that is reminiscent of apple pie
- Using chocolate chips instead of banana will add extra chocolate flavor to your ka’chava pancake recipe
- You can also use vanilla pudding instead of the ka’chava to create a new flavor
- If you have kids, you can also make them some ka’chava pancakes by adding chocolate chips and sprinkling mini marshmallows on top. It will be a great special treat for them.
- You can replace the oil with unsweetened applesauce or yogurt to avoid using unnecessary fats in your diet.
Is It Healthy for all?
Yes, pancakes are made using simple ingredients such as flour and eggs. Ka’chava flour is gluten-free. Ka’chava flour is made from the seed of the fruit of the ka’chava tree.
Ka’chava flour has a high nutritional value and is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins, folic acid, and essential minerals. The ka’chava pancakes recipe is an excellent breakfast for children, teenagers, and adults alike!
Ka’chava pancakes recipe is a traditional breakfast recipe from Central America. It can be eaten with maple syrup or honey. Because it only takes 20 minutes to make, you can have this delicious breakfast dish in the morning without any hassle before you head out to work.
You can also check out our article on selecting the best pancake griddle, which has a lot of advantages over other types of griddles.