If you’re a fan of apple pie and looking for a new twist on the classic dessert, then look no further than Korean apple pie. This version of the popular dessert features a flaky crust filled with sweet and tangy apples, cinnamon, and a hint of ginger. It’s a delicious treat that’s perfect for any occasion, and it’s surprisingly easy to make.
Ingredients of Korean Apple Pie Recipe
- 6 medium-sized apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 double pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Instructions for Korean Apple Pie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, mix the sliced apples, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and salt until well combined.
- Roll out the pie crust and fit it into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie crust and dot it with butter.
- Roll out the second pie crust and place it on top of the apples. Crimp the edges to seal.
- Brush the top of the crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut several slits in the top of the crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Let the pie cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
|Serving size||1/8 of pie|
Korean apple pie is a delicious and nutritious dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. Not only is it packed with flavor, but it’s also a good source of fiber and vitamin C. So the next time you’re in the mood for something sweet, give this recipe a try. Your taste buds and your body will thank you.