Kori Katta is a traditional Mangalorean chicken curry that is known for its spicy and tangy taste. Here’s a recipe for Kori Katta along with its nutritional information per serving:
Ingredients of kori katta recipe
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Instructions for kori katta recipe
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped onions. Saute the onions until they turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, green chilies, and salt. Mix well and cook until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala powder. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well with the masala. Add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the chicken for about 15-20 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or bread.
Nutrition Information per serving (serves 4):
Note: Nutrition information may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the serving size.