The mild sauce recipe Chicago is delicious. This blog post will show you how to recreate this recipe in your kitchen! Mild sauce recipe Chicago is a delightful, authentic Chicago-style hot dog with all the fixings. It takes some time to prepare and make, but it is well worth the effort.
This dish has been passed down from mother to daughter for almost generations, and it is a go-to for many foodies in Chicago. All you need are ground beef, onions, tomato paste, water or beef broth, and your choice of spices such as red pepper flakes or allspice.
How to make a mild sauce recipe Chicago?
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for mild sauce recipe Chicago
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce (we use Bachan’s)
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Ketchup
- 3 tablespoon Hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Powder
- 1 tablespoon White Pepper
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 tablespoon Wholesome Sweeteners Brown Sugar
Directions for mild sauce recipe Chicago
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, mix tomato paste, KC, water, sweetener, and hot sauce.
Step 2: In another bowl, add ground beef until the hamburger balls are well combined.
Step 3: Add BBQ Sauce, tomato puree, and paprika to the ground beef. Stir to combine.
Step 4: In a saute pan, add oil and brown the meat for about 5 minutes on medium heat—season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 5: Transfer to a strainer and let the oil drain.
Step 6: In a separate pan, heat olive oil. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until translucent. Add meat back in and cook until beef is well done, about 20 minutes more—season with salt, black pepper, and Red pepper flakes. Remove from heat and cool before adding ketchup, barbecue sauce, and broth to a bowl and mixing well. Serve with bread or rolls as desired.
Notes: If you cannot find tomato paste and you don’t have any ketchup in your pantry, you can replace it with fresh tomato puree and add a little more water. You may also use one tablespoon of brown sugar instead of the sweeteners.
Nutrition Facts mild sauce recipe Chicago
- Calories: 278
- Total Fat: 23.8g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Sodium: 839mg
- Potassium: 523mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
- Sugars: 10.7g
9 Amazing Serving Ideas for mild sauce recipe Chicago
- Serve with your favorite rolls or bread
- Serve over rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes for a complete meal
- Mix in with your favorite burger recipe for a new take on the family dinner
- Use as a dip for French fries at your next tailgate party!
- Use in place of regular ketchup as a condiment on any sandwich
- Make in a slow cooker and serve over linguine or spaghetti
- Serve with your favorite pasta recipe for a perfect lunch
- Make into a sauce and use in place of marinara sauce with any other pasta or pizza recipe
- Try on your favorite fish recipe or chicken dish!
Can I Freeze mild sauce recipe Chicago?
Mild sauce recipe Chicago can be frozen in the refrigerator. It will hold for around a month before getting too mushy and gross. If you make less than 6 servings, freeze them in small portions to save even more! Keeps in the fridge for up to a month. Best if kept in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerated tightly covered.
Mild sauce recipe Chicago is a dish loved and cherished by all. This dish is served in many restaurants, both large and small. If you like hot dogs, you should add this to your dinner recipe list for this week!