If there’s a cake that effortlessly combines luxury, playfulness, and undeniable deliciousness, it’s the iconic Milk Bar Red Velvet Cake.
With its rich red hue, layers of moist cake, and signature cream cheese frosting, this dessert is a favorite for celebrations, special occasions, or simply treating yourself to a slice of pure bliss.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to recreate this masterpiece in your own kitchen, along with some insightful nutrition facts.
For the Cake Layers:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then add in the sugar and mix until well combined. Stir in the vegetable oil, buttermilk, red food coloring, vanilla extract, and white vinegar.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cake pans. Smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooling, prepare the cream cheese frosting. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Beat until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Once the cakes are completely cooled, place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread a layer of cream cheese frosting over the top. Add the second cake layer and repeat the process. Finally, place the third cake layer on top.
- Use the remaining cream cheese frosting to frost the top and sides of the cake. You can decorate the cake with sprinkles, cake crumbs, or any other creative touches you like.
Note: Nutrition information is approximate and may vary based on serving size and specific ingredients used.
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12 of the cake)
- Calories: 450
- Total Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 55g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 42g
- Protein: 5g
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
There you have it – the delightful Milk Bar Red Velvet Cake recipe that promises to captivate your taste buds and bring joy to any occasion. So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and prepare to impress yourself and your loved ones with a slice of bakery-worthy perfection.