Have you ever heard of a dessert called Moose Farts? No, it’s not what you might think! Moose Farts are actually delightful, no-bake, bite-sized treats that hail from the Great White North – Canada. This quirky dessert is not only fun to make but also irresistibly delicious
In this blog post, we’ll take you through a Moose Farts recipe and provide you with the nutrition facts so you can indulge without guilt.
Ingredients of Moose Farts Recipe
For the Moose Fart Base
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
For the Chocolate Coating
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the Moose Farts Topping
- 1/4 cup colored sprinkles (optional)
Prepare the Moose Fart Base
- In a mixing bowl, combine the creamy peanut butter and softened butter.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix until the ingredients are well combined and form a dough-like consistency.
Form the Moose Fart Balls
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop small portions of the Moose Fart mixture and roll them into bite-sized balls. Place them on the parchment-lined sheet.
Freeze the Balls
- Place the Moose Fart balls in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm them up.
Prepare the Chocolate Coating
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and vegetable oil in 20-second intervals, stirring between each interval until the chocolate is smooth and glossy.
Dip and Coat
- Remove the frozen Moose Fart balls from the freezer.
- Using a fork or toothpick, dip each ball into the melted chocolate, ensuring they are completely coated.
- Place them back on the parchment paper-lined sheet.
Add Sprinkles (Optional):
- While the chocolate is still soft, you can add colored sprinkles on top for an extra festive touch.
Set and Serve
- Let the Moose Farts set in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Once set, transfer them to an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving – 2 Moose Farts)
- Calories: 220 kcal
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 4g
Moose Farts may have a funny name, but they are seriously tasty treats that are sure to bring smiles to faces of all ages. This simple, no-bake recipe allows you to enjoy a little taste of Canada wherever you are.
Just be warned – they tend to disappear fast, so you might want to make a double batch! Enjoy your Moose Farts responsibly, and savor the sweet, peanut-buttery goodness of this whimsical Canadian delight.