For many, the aroma of freshly baked cookies evokes a sense of nostalgia and comfort. And if you’ve ever had the pleasure of indulging in the famous Penn Station cookies, you know that they hold a special place in the hearts (and taste buds) of cookie enthusiasts.
In this blog post, we’re bringing that iconic flavor right into your kitchen with our irresistible Penn Station-inspired cookie recipe. Get ready to experience the perfect blend of chewiness, sweetness, and richness that these cookies are known for.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts Calculation:
To calculate the nutrition facts for the cookies, you’ll need to know the nutritional information for each ingredient and then sum them up based on the quantities used in the recipe.
You can find nutritional information for common ingredients on food packaging, online nutrition databases, or apps. Once you have the nutritional values for each ingredient, you can calculate the total nutritional content for the entire batch of cookies and then divide by the number of cookies produced to get the per-cookie nutrition facts.
Please keep in mind that actual nutrition values can vary based on the specific brands and types of ingredients used, as well as variations in portion sizes.
If you’re looking for specific nutritional information for Penn Station cookies, I recommend reaching out to Penn Station directly or searching for recipes that have already been analyzed for nutrition.