The Tequila Sunrise is a classic cocktail that perfectly balances the boldness of tequila with the sweetness of fruit juices. Its vibrant appearance, reminiscent of a sunrise, makes it an appealing choice for both casual gatherings and special occasions.
This cocktail’s simplicity in preparation and stunning visual appeal have made it a favorite among cocktail enthusiasts worldwide. Here’s how to craft your own Tequila Sunrise, complete with its enticing flavors and alluring colors.
- 2 oz (60 ml) Tequila
- 4 oz (120 ml) Orange Juice
- 3/4 oz (22.5 ml) Grenadine
- Ice cubes
- Orange slice and maraschino cherry for garnish
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes to chill it.
- Pour the tequila over the ice.
- Add the orange juice, carefully pouring it to avoid disturbing the layers.
- Gently pour the grenadine into the glass. It will sink to the bottom, creating the “sunrise” effect.
- Allow a moment for the grenadine to settle before giving the cocktail a light stir to slightly blend the layers.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry.
- Serve immediately with a stirring stick or straw.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
(Note: Nutrition information is approximate and can vary based on specific brands and quantities used.)
- Calories: ~210 kcal
- Total Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
- Sugars: 19 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Vitamin D: 0 IU
- Calcium: 14 mg
- Iron: 0.3 mg
- Potassium: 232 mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Tequila Sunrise cocktail is intended for individuals of legal drinking age. Drink in moderation and know your limits.