The red lobster salmon new Orleans recipe is an easy-to-make dish that can be made in under an hour, even if you lack any cooking experience. Your time investment should be less than the time it takes for your fish to cook.
This recipe combines the Red Lobster’s salmon filet and the red lobster shrimp starters. It combines the best features of both seafood dishes into one easy-to-make item.
However, the Red lobster salmon new Orleans recipe does not have to be eaten from a New Orleans-themed restaurant. You can easily recreate it at home by using your favorite fish steaks and shrimp in your favorite sauce.
How to make red lobster salmon new Orleans recipe?
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 5
- Difficulty: Medium
Ingredients for red lobster salmon new Orleans recipe
- 5 oz salmon filet
- 5 oz shrimp
- 2 tbsp olive oil to stir fry the salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking the shrimp
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp of red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper (black)
- 1 tsp of dried oregano.
Directions for red lobster salmon new Orleans recipe
Step 1: Heat olive oil in a pressure cooker by turning the stove high.
Step 2: Slice the salmon filets and shrimp into even-sized pieces (I recommend using a 5 oz fish filet for each person. If you are planning to serve more people, then you can adjust this by cutting the fish filet into smaller slices).
Step 3: Place salmon and shrimp in an air-tight container that is very suitable for steaming. Make sure that you place this container over a pot of boiling water.
Step 4: Layer the salmon and shrimp evenly with black pepper, red chili powder, turmeric, and cayenne. Also, ensure that you use this quantity of spices for each person eating the meal.
Step 5: Pour olive oil into a pan and heat it high.
Step 6: As soon as the oil is hot enough, add half of your sliced salmon and shrimp to it. Ensure that the slices are spread out evenly to cook properly.
Step 7: Cook the salmon and shrimp for about 8 minutes. You should turn the salmon slices into the pan after a few minutes. Keep doing this until the salmon is golden brown.
Step 8: Transfer the fish to a serving tray and garnish with chopped parsley, oregano, and parmesan cheese.
10 Amazing Serving Ideas for red lobster salmon new Orleans recipe
- Prepare individual servings of the dish by placing a serving of salmon and shrimp on a plate.
- After you have garnished it with parsley, oregano, and parmesan cheese, you can serve it on a plate or in a bowl.
- You can also serve it with rice or any other dish that is typically done with seafood.
- You can also use this recipe to make fried rice.
- You can also serve this recipe with a side of corn on the cob.
- Alternatively, you can also serve it with salad.
- You can replace the rice or corn with a cracker to make it more of a snack. This can be in addition to any side dish or even just as a snack itself!
- You can use it as a topping for bagels or toast in the morning.
- You can also use this recipe as an appetizer at a party.
- You can even use this recipe as fish tacos (you will need to cut the salmon into strips, though).
The red lobster salmon new Orleans recipe is an eye-catching dish. You can make it easily without much trouble and a lot of effort. It is amazing how something so simple can be such a hit at your party!
The recipe is versatile, as it can be served with various foods. This makes it a great choice for any gathering. The dish is also very easy to make, and the ingredients are easily available.