If you’re a fan of Italian cuisine and love indulging in comforting pasta dishes, then you’re in for a treat! In this blog post, we’re going to share a fantastic recipe for Spatini, a mouthwatering pasta dish that’s not only delicious but also packed with wholesome ingredients.
Plus, we’ll provide you with the nutrition facts so you can enjoy your meal guilt-free. Let’s dive in!
- 12 oz (340g) whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the whole wheat spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Toss in the sliced Kalamata olives and cooked whole wheat spaghetti. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Remove the skillet from heat and transfer the Spatini to serving plates.
- Top each serving with crumbled feta cheese and freshly chopped basil.
- Serve hot and enjoy your homemade Spatini!
Nutritional values are approximate and may vary based on portion size and specific ingredients used.
- Calories: Approximately 380 calories per serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 58g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Total Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 15g
Key Nutritional Benefits:
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti: Using whole wheat pasta adds dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and helps maintain steady blood sugar levels.
- Olive Oil: The healthy fats in olive oil provide a source of monounsaturated fats, which are heart-healthy.
- Spinach: Packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin K, vitamin A, and iron, spinach contributes to overall health and well-being.
- Tomatoes: Rich in antioxidants like lycopene, tomatoes support immune function and contribute to skin health.
- Kalamata Olives: These olives add a burst of flavor and healthy fats to the dish.
- Feta Cheese: While it should be consumed in moderation due to its higher sodium content, feta cheese contributes protein and a delightful tangy taste.
- Fresh Basil: Basil adds a refreshing taste and offers potential anti-inflammatory properties.
- There you have it – a delectable Spatini recipe that’s not only a delight for your taste buds but also beneficial for your overall health. Whip up this dish for a satisfying and nourishing meal that brings the flavors of Italy right to your table. Bon appétit!