Sukhe matar recipe is a Punjabi dish that is often eaten as breakfast. It combines green peas and potatoes, cooked with onion and spices. This dish can be classified as one of the rare vegetarian dishes on the Indian subcontinent, where meat has traditionally been used in its preparation.
The dish is usually garnished with coriander. Pakistani cuisine is usually served with fried bread pakoras as breakfast food. It can also be used as stuffing for mutton or chicken biryani. The same recipe is similar to the one used for chukka ki sabzi.
Pomegranate seeds are often added to this dish, particularly in North India and Kashmir, where pomegranate trees grow abundantly.
How to make Sukhe Matar Recipe?
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 6
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for such matar recipe
- Green Peas (shelled, fresh) – 2 cups
- Potatoes (desired size) – 5 medium
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 small
- Tomato (finely chopped) – 3 medium
- Green chili (finely chopped) – 1
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp.
- Oil – 4 tsp. spoons
- Cumin / Jeera seeds – 1/2 tsp.
The direction of the sukhe matar recipe
Step 1: Wash and wash the peas in running water.
Step 2: Cut the potatoes into small pieces of about 1 inches cubes.
Step 3: In a deep pan, add oil, jeera, and cumin seeds, then add chopped onion.
Step 4: After the onion turns translucent, add green peas and potatoes.
Step 5: Roast them on a medium flame for about 10 minutes until they turn golden brown.
Step 6: Add chopped tomato to the pan, mix well and cook for about 3 minutes on a medium flame.
Step 7: Add salt, and coriander leaves (chopped cilantro), then mix well and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts sukhe matar recipe
10 Amazing Serving Ideas for sukhe matar recipe
- Serve this dish with roti/rice and some veggies.
- Try adding pomegranate seeds on top of the dish before serving.
- Use it as a stuffing in veg biryani.
- Stuff the mixture inside some hard-boiled eggs and serve it as a snack or breakfast idea.
- Stuff a tandoori chicken with the mixture of this recipe, add yogurt and bake it in the oven until done well is an outstanding idea for dinner party guests.
- Enjoy this dish with roti or naan.
- Try it in your biryani (veg) tandoori.
- Add a little variation and make a cumin aloo recipe by adding some of the spices to the potatoes in it and then serve it as breakfast idea is an added idea.
- This can be the best dish for breakfast.
- Try adding chopped coriander leaves on top of it and serve it as soup with chapati or pita bread.
This recipe is somewhat similar to the typical Punjabi chukka ki sabzi recipe. The dish is usually enjoyed as breakfast, although in some regions and countries, it has also been used as a side dish with rice and meat. This dish is usually garnished with coriander leaves.
The dish’s taste varies from region to region, but it is often described as tangy and spicy. In some parts of India, the sukhe matar recipe is served as a side dish with rice. The dish can also be served as a starter at parties.