Summit house creamed corn recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish for your next family meal. It’s super easy to make and a big hit with the entire family. This side dish can be made in less than 10 minutes.
If you are looking for an easy yet delicious side dish you can make any time, this is it! This will remind you of being at the mountain resort up north. Summit house creamed corn recipe is so yummy, you’ll probably want to make an entire meal out of it!
How to make a summit house creamed corn recipe?
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for summit house creamed corn recipe
- 6 ears of Corn
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/4 cup water
Directions for summit house creamed corn recipe
Step 1: Off the cob. Place the Corn in a pot and cover it with water. Let it boil for about 5 minutes, and make sure the Corn is tender. Drain and separate the kernels from the cobs.
- Mix corn kernels with salt, butter, and milk in a wide bowl until well combined.
- In a small pot, heat water on medium heat until it comes to a boil. Once boiling, add corn flour. Stir well until the mixture thickens and has reached its consistency of being like runny dough (about 2 mins). Remove from heat and let it cool down.
Step 2: Use the rolling pin to flatten the corn mixture into a pie shape. Place the creamed Corn over a greased baking sheet.
- Top with butter, bread crumbs and chopped scallions (optional)
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350F until the crust is browned and the Corn is cooked.
- Serve with your favourite BBQ sauce or ketchup.
Nutrition Facts summit house creamed corn recipe
Healthy Tips for summit house creamed corn recipe
- Summit house creamed corn recipe is low carb, low sugar and gluten-free.
- It’s also a good source of protein.
- You can use skim milk instead of whole milk.
- The calories and nutrition facts may vary slightly depending on the brand of ingredients used.
10 Amazing Serving Ideas for summit house creamed corn recipe
- Great with any barbeque sauce.
- Great with sliced tomatoes and caramelized onion.
- A great side dish to your favourite burger, such as a bacon cheeseburger!
- It’s also a great addition to the roasted corn salad recipe! It’s not too sweet, so it will complement the salad perfectly!
- Great with Mexican-style dishes. Use it as a side dish to top tacos, or mix it with your guacamole!
- Add it to a white cheddar mac and cheese when serving. It will complement the dish perfectly!
- Great on a bed of chopped lettuce, spinach and tomatoes!
- Add it to your favourite pasta dishes, such as carbonara or fried rice!
- All you have to do is mix the ingredients and cook in boiling water for about 1 min. The mixture will form a noodle-like texture and consistency. You can add meat such as bacon, pork, or shrimp!
- Add it to a mixed green salad for a nice crunch!
You can use any breadcrumbs you like, such as seasoned breadcrumbs. You can also add your favourite spices, such as cayenne pepper, paprika or even some red chilli flakes to add a kick! Let us know how you like it by leaving a comment below. If you try this recipe, we would love to see how it turns out! Don’t forget to take a picture and post it on our Facebook page.