Tex Mex paste recipe is a paste used for seasoning meat and vegetables. It usually has ingredients such as paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt. It is usually used for seasoning meat and vegetables such as burgers, hamburgers, meatballs, chicken breast, red meat, tuna steaks, and fresh fish.
“Tex Mex paste recipe” is also called “meat and vegetable seasoning paste”. Usually, it is a yellowish paste with a vague taste. In the United States and Canada, it is called “spice mix”. Although its ingredients are often similar to those of commercial cayenne pepper said to not be spicy enough.
How to make a Tex Mex paste recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for tex Mex paste recipe
- 1/2 tbsp of paprika
- 1/2 tbsp of cumin
- 1/2 tbsp of coriander
- 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tbsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes or chili powder (level 2)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tin can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tin can of tomato paste
- 2 tins of chicken broth or 4 cups of water (more if needed)
- 2 tins of cooked chicken breast or 4 cups of cooked chicken breast (more if needed)
Directions for Tex Mex paste recipe
1. In a pot put oil and heat it on medium heat
2. Add chopped onion and go for about 5 minutes, then add the minced garlic for about 4 minutes or until the color becomes yellowish
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and allow to boil for about 10 minutes (diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, or water)
4. Put the chicken breast into the boiled mixture and allow it to boil for an additional 5 minutes or until its tender
5. When the chicken is ready to be served, put it into a bowl and serve with rice
6. Serve with hoagie rolls or burger patties and top it with lettuce and tomato.
- It would be best if the chicken breast you use is already cooked before proceeding with the cooking process.
- If the paste becomes too thick add more chicken broth or water depending on your preference.
- You can substitute other vegetables instead of chicken such as eggplant, potatoes, sweet peppers, and celery.
- If you want to remove the skin of the chicken breast before cooking, don’t use water or warm water because it will make the texture of the chicken breast tough to marinate. Instead, use cold water because it will help in skin removal. The more you rub off the skin, the more flavor your food will have.
Nutrition Facts of tex Mex paste recipe
- Calories: 260mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 85 mg
- Sodium: 2470 mg
- Sugar: 6 g
10 Amazing Serving Ideas for Tex Mex paste recipe
1. Egg burger patties
2. Oven-baked spicy chicken
3. Spicy grilled steak
4. Chicken fillet with tex Mex paste
5. Easy tex Mex hamburger patties
6. Tex Mex chili beef strips
7. No-meat taco with Mahi Mahi or tuna steaks in a tortilla shell
8. Tex Mex fish fillets
9. Tex Mex chicken fillet
10.Tex Mex chicken wing with coke
This article has shared full information regarding the preparation of tex Mex paste recipe. Use it in making food for your family and friends, and always remember to enjoy them. I hope that you enjoy this post and I hope that you will come back again because there are always new posts to read! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them below.