Virgin hot toddy recipe is a drink commonly served in restaurants and bars before or after a meal. Sometimes, bartenders will use it as a remedy for an upset stomach or cold.
This recipe mixes fresh lemon juice, honey, water, and black tea to make an extraordinary drink perfect for the holiday season! It may have taken some time to develop this masterpiece, but it will only take five minutes out of your day!
How to make a virgin hot toddy recipe?
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 6
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for virgin hot toddy recipe
- Black tea
- Lemon juice
- Honey (optional)
Directions for virgin hot toddy recipe
Step 1: Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan and add tea. Let it steep for 5 minutes. The longer the tea steeps, the more caffeine there will be, so, please do not too long.
Step 2: Remove the teapot from the heat and pour the hot water into a liquid measuring cup. Pour in lemon juice and honey to taste if using. You can also add a glass of water to change the taste.
Step 3: Add the hot water mixture into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well before serving.
Nutrition facts of virgin hot toddy recipe
10 Amazing Serving Ideas for virgin hot toddy recipe
- Make it with hot water and your favorite tea bags.
- Use honey instead of sugar and ice cubes for an alternative to hot chocolate!
- Add mint and make it into a frozen drink!
- Use this recipe to make a “mocktail.” You can add some soda or juice for sweetness if you want!
- Serve with lemon wedges and orange slices for garnish.
- Use frozen honey cubes for an extra luxurious feeling!
- Add a dash of lemon juice and vodka to make it more of a cocktail than a traditional tea.
- Make it an alternative to coffee in the morning!
- Add honey to the hot water and tea instead of lemon juice to make it sweeter.
- Mix a dash of nutmeg and some vodka for a delicious cocktail.
Can I Freeze it?
If you are looking for an easy and delicious cool treat this summer (or winter), this virgin hot toddy recipe is just for you! If you add more water to the mix, it will make a delicious smoothie. It does not take much time to make and has only four ingredients;
It is even better than a restaurant-made version! You can be sure that you will always impress guests with this unique drink in your freezer! There is no easier way to get the most out of your tea bags.
This virgin hot toddy recipe is perfect if you are looking for a new and exciting drink to serve guests. You can feel free to add more or less water as needed. It does not have many ingredients, so it will not take more time than preparing a drink with more expensive ingredients.
This is one recipe you will get every time because it just adds so much flavour to the tea, as well as enough vitamins and antioxidants to make it nutritious. You can also serve the hot toddy recipe while entertaining or during an outdoor party.