A Virgin Hot Toddy is a warm and comforting beverage, typically made with hot water, lemon juice, honey, and various spices. It’s a non-alcoholic version of the classic hot toddy. Here’s a simple recipe for a Virgin Hot Toddy along with estimated nutrition facts:
Virgin Hot Toddy Recipe:
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (adjust to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 whole cloves
- 1 slice of lemon, for garnish
- Optional: a dash of ground nutmeg or ground ginger
- Heat water until it’s hot but not boiling.
- In a mug, combine lemon juice and honey. Add the cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Pour the hot water into the mug and stir well to dissolve the honey.
- Let the spices steep for a few minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and a dash of nutmeg or ginger, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Approximate):
The following nutrition facts are based on estimated values and may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
- Serving Size: 1 mug (recipe makes 1 serving)
- Calories: Approximately 50-70 kcal
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 14-18g
- Sugars: Approximately 13-17g (natural sugars from honey and lemon juice)
- Fat: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
Please note that the nutrition values provided are rough estimates and can vary based on factors such as the size of the lemon used, the specific type of honey, and the actual quantities used.
Additionally, spices like cinnamon and cloves contribute negligible calories and macronutrients, so they aren’t included in the above breakdown.
As always, if you’re closely monitoring your nutrition intake, it’s recommended to use precise measurements and check nutritional labels for accurate information.