When it comes to Cajun cuisine, few dishes are as iconic and beloved as jambalaya. Bursting with vibrant flavors and a tantalizing blend of ingredients, jambalaya is a hearty and satisfying meal that brings the spirit of Louisiana straight to your table.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the Yard House Jambalaya recipe, a delightful rendition of this Southern classic. Not only will we guide you through the step-by-step process of making this dish, but we’ll also provide you with valuable nutrition facts to help you make informed choices about your meal.
Yard House Jambalaya Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and smoked sausage to the pot and cook until browned. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion, bell peppers, and minced garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are softened and aromatic.
- Add the diced tomatoes (with their juices) and chicken broth to the pot, stirring to combine.
- Stir in the rice, Cajun seasoning, paprika, dried thyme, dried oregano, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked and tender.
- Once the rice is cooked, return the chicken and smoked sausage to the pot, stirring to combine and heat through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
The Yard House Jambalaya is not only a flavor-packed dish but also offers some nutritional benefits. Here’s a breakdown of the approximate nutritional values per serving (serves 6):
Please note that these values are estimates and may vary depending on the specific brands and ingredients used in your preparation.
The Yard House Jambalaya recipe is a delightful and satisfying dish that brings the flavors of Louisiana to your dining table. With its perfect blend of chicken, smoked sausage, vegetables, and aromatic spices, this jambalaya is sure to impress your family and friends.
Plus, with its moderate calorie count and balanced macronutrient profile, it can be enjoyed as part of a well-rounded meal. So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and prepare to savor the bold and irresistible flavors of this Yard House Jambalaya!