Yard house jambalaya recipe is a favorite, popular dish that can be found at the Yard House restaurant. The recipe is best when served with bread or rice. Did you know that the Yard House restaurant, with its iced cold beer and delicious food, is a favorite destination for travelers?
The restaurant is known for its jambalaya recipe – an easy-to-prepare dish that can be found on the menu at the Yard House. The recipe highlights everything that people love about Louisiana cooking – spice, seafood, and of course a heavy dose of Cajun Flavor.
How to make yard house jambalaya recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Serves: 6 people
Ingredients for yard house jambalaya recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 medium stalks of celery, diced or sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound andouille sausage or kielbasa, thinly sliced into rounds (about 1/4 inch thick slices)
- 4 cups cooked long grain white rice or brown rice (make.
Directions for yard house jambalaya recipe
Step 1: Using a large skillet or stovetop grill pan, heat the olive oil until it is hot.Add the andouille sausage to the hot oil and cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until browned on both sides and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels, drain the fat from the skillet, and set aside.
Step 2: Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add more olive oil if necessary. Add the peppers, onions, celery, and garlic. Stir frequently and cook for about 5-6 minutes until vegetables are softened.
Step 3: Add in the rice and once it begins to brown around the edges, add in the sausage, seasonings, and fresh parsley.
Step 4: Cook for another 2-3 minutes until rice is heated through. Serve on individual serving plates or a large platter with some crusty bread or rice.
Notes: The recipe will differ depending on the type of sausage and rice used. The oil used in the recipe is to create a good sear in the meat. Also, cooking in a skillet or stovetop grill pan may alter the seasoning of meats, so you may need to add more salt. You can also add some cooked shrimp if desired and salt the rice accordingly. Add 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro leaves before serving if desired.
Nutrition Facts of Yard house jambalaya recipe
- Calories: 456
- Total Fat: 23 g
- Sodium: 1405 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 66 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 0 g
- Protein: 17 g
10 Amazing Serving Ideas for yard house jambalaya recipe
1. Make this jambalaya recipe into a healthy lunch with the help of whole grain bread, avocado slices, and hummus.
2. Use this jambalaya recipe as a base for making an easy cajun shrimp pasta.
3. For an interesting twist on the recipe, try adding diced shallots or sliced red onions to it.
4. Serve this jambalaya recipe as a side dish with grilled fish or chicken.
5. Finish off dinner with this jambalaya recipe and top it with a decadent coconut whip for more flavor.
6. Play on the flavors of Cajun cooking by introducing sticky barbecue sauce to the pot during cooking time.
7. If you make your jambalaya, don’t skimp on the amount of rice – it is what makes the dish so delicious!
The Yard House is a popular restaurant that serves delicious Louisiana-inspired jambalaya recipes. If you have never been to the Yard House, then you need to take your family and friends there so they can experience the full flavor of the homemade jambalaya recipe.